Muz-TV Prize: “Uncontrollable”
At the “MK” ZD Awards-2018 music award ceremony at the beginning of the year, Muman-TV general director Arman Davletyarov was awarded a special prize “For his contribution to the development of national music television”. One of the pioneers in the outlandish then niche music television broadcasting for the country, the channel has become for more than 20 years not only a popular and sought-after source of musical information, but a real generator of musical life. According to media studies, its share is three times higher than the total for all music channels in the country. These days, preparations are underway for the XVII ceremony of the National Music Award Muz-TV 2019, which will be held for the first time at a new venue – Megasport Sports Palace on June 7. On the eve of the holiday, Mr. Davletyarov told “MK” about news and surprises that are expected at the country’s largest music award, the motto of which is “Music unites” this time.
Muz-TV Prize: “Uncontrollable” Kudryavtsev with Sobchak visited Arsen Davletyarov, augmented reality (right) and Muz-TV’s “precious” Muz-TV presenters, Maxim Galkin. Photo: the press service of the TV channel MUZ-TV
– There was a change of site. On the one hand, there are certain inconveniences, because it is two times less than the Olympic, where our prize was traditionally held, and accordingly two times less people will be able to watch it live, but from the point of view of television filming and staging the show, the winning site . This year’s director is Oleg Bodnarchuk, who has already made several awards, and I believe that the upcoming will be one of the best for all the years of its existence.
– Arman, every time you say so …
– I really say that every year, but there is no contradiction in this. There are new technologies in the field of mass entertainment that we can use. Previously, there were some technologies, and they were advanced at that time, now completely different, even more advanced, impressive ones have appeared. They admire, and they will be with us. Our award has always been distinguished by this: we are technological, large-scale, the first to use many modern scenographic trends appearing in the world.
– Very intriguing! Reveal any secrets?
– Then they will no longer be secrets, but only for “MK” I will reveal something. In one of the rooms, for example, a plane of the real size will land right on the stage.
– How relevant! Not “Superjet” hour?
– I understand your sparkling, but no, not “Superjet” … By the way, with regard to new technologies, many of them are designed exclusively for television filming, and often the audience in the hall does not see the special effects that are in the broadcast, such as It was with the performance of Madonna on the Billboard Award in New York. But we tried to adapt so that the audience in the hall was not “deprived” of the spectacle in comparison with the viewers. Although some technical solutions because of this were very difficult. For example, on one of the numbers there will be four “live” dancers, and the audience will see 20.
– Lazarev, perhaps, so powerfully breed you? At Eurovision it was only 8 …
– I will not yet disclose specific names. As for Sergey Lazarev, then, of course, we are very glad that he will be a participant of our show after his magnificent performance at the Eurovision Song Contest-2019. I think it’s great and important that our viewers could see everything just as it did in Tel Aviv. There will be a lot of “synthetic” effects that are extremely popular and are in demand now at the best shows, when an artist’s performance, for example, grows with augmented reality, which actually does not exist, but everything looks absolutely natural and believable.
– Is there a certain “crisis of the genre” in the ratio of external form and content? On the one hand, there are advanced trends in technology, on the other – an artistic “menu”, which is basically the same: what do you have on other awards, including our recent ZD Awards ceremony, which Muz-TV is friendly supported and showed on its air in March …
– In my opinion, this “tragedy” is somewhat exaggerated. The so-called “menu”, which you are talking about, is not much different from premium to premium in the same America, if we are not talking about any niche, avant-garde stories. But we also have the same niche, special awards, line-up which is very different from the mainstream. Secondly, it is not for nothing that they always stipulate: “according to the version” of one or another award. The results are still not the same everywhere, although the general trend is, of course, traceable. And thirdly, personally, I may disagree with the configuration of the final fives of nominees, but this is the choice of “academics”, our colleagues – experts, showbiz figures, journalists who participate in the initial voting. These results always evoke talk both in the industry and in the audience. In them there is always not only an element of the objective, but also the subjective.