How well do you understand classical music?
In 2017, the Moscow Philharmonic Society launched a major educational project for beginners, “Mom, I’m a music lover.” The portal “Kultura.RF” together with the Moscow Philharmonic invites you to take a test of knowledge of classical music – it is based on the program of the first season of the project “Mom, I’m a music lover.”
1. Giuseppe Verdi wrote this opera by order from St. Petersburg. After the premiere, critics expressed: “The main melody is short and dark; it develops in such a way that makes you shudder with excitement, like a shadow stretched from the wings of the angel of death, waiting for eternity on the road. ” What is this opera?
“The power of fate”
2. This is the first ballet in the creative biography of Igor Stravinsky – and it was he who glorified the author. Here you can hear the “fucking dance of the kingdom of Kashcheyev,” and “Dance of the princesses,” and “Lullaby.”
3. His famous Second Piano Concerto, Sergei Rakhmaninov, wrote in 1901 after a long break: from 1897 to this time, the composer has not created a single piece. He was able to overcome the creative crisis thanks to this man:
Friend Fyodor Shalyapin
His first love Vera Skalon
Psychotherapist and hypnotist Nicholas Dahl
4. Mozart’s fortieth symphony is called the composer’s calling card – its motifs are recognized by the first sounds. However, for contemporaries, the symphony sounded unusual. Why?
She had no entry
Start crowned loud chords
The symphony consisted of four parts, not three
5.One of the five “Belkin Stories”, Alexander Pushkin wrote in a day, and the composer Georgy Sviridov created musical illustrations for her. What is this story?
“The young lady-peasant”
6. Although the premiere of the Fifth Symphony of Ludwig van Beethoven in December 1808 was unsuccessful, it is still considered the most recognizable in the world of classical music. And all this thanks to the first notes (ta da da da ah) – the theme …
7. This ballet was composed by Sergei Prokofiev specifically for ballerina Galina Ulanova. The composer wrote music to him for several years during the Second World War. What kind of ballet are we talking about?
“The Tale of the Fool, the Seven Jesters of the Intertwined”
“The Tale of the Stone Flower”
8.Ohperu “Forty Thief” Gioacchino Rossini created in three months, but the overture to it barely finished writing for the premiere. For the composer to finish the work on time, an impresario …
He threatened to pay nothing if Rossini broke the deadline
Paid him a double fee
Locked him in the room
Even more classical music can be heard at the concerts of the project “Mom, I am a music lover” of the Moscow Philharmonic.